Friday, May 13, 2005

Passion

Passion:

A powerful emotion, ardent love. Boundless enthusiasm.

It's funny how the dictionary gets the words right, but fails to capture the true meaning of something. Can something as big as passion be described or is it better to just feel it?

In this crazy world, is it still possible to be passionate about something or someone? Or have we become so inundated with schedules and expectations that passion is merely something we wish for in the 30 seconds before drifting off to sleep?

For a long time, I thought that passion, for work, for people, for life, was something meant for others. I was too practical, too logical, too analytical for something so messy and emotional. What was I thinking?

We all know that life is short. Every time we turn on the television or the radio, we're reminded of just how fragile we are, how many bad things happen in this world every day. It would be much easier to stay at home, under the covers and hope that the world will just leave us alone. How much do we miss by doing that though?

As each day ticks by in it's relentless, forward march, I am made more aware of just how much time I wasted by worrying and over-analyzing. No more. Starting today, right now, I will push the envelope of my life, expand my horizons and face my fears head on.

I want to bounce out of bed in the morning and go to work where I feel needed and appreciated. More importantly, I want to LOVE what I do, not just cover the monthly expenses. I am going to let myself fall deeply, madly in love with the man in my life and not worry that it might fall like a house of cards.

Mostly, I want people to see me for who I really am. Passionate, intense and living life to the fullest.

All I have to do now is make it happen.

No comments: