Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Will the ringing ever stop?

It's a bright and cold Tuesday noon as I type this, while waiting for my primary machine to grind its way into life. All of the hard work of chipping away at the ice yesterday has finally paid off - instead of a wading pool in the basement, we now have a skating rink in the driveway. Is summer ever going to get here?
Was out in Hamilton last night (I know, I know, not exactly party central) to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. I honestly think that Copps is a MUCH better venue for rock and roll than the ACC. It's a little smaller and the energy from the crowd was amazing. 2.5 hours of listening to Bruce and the boys give it everything they've got was a fantastic way to spend the evening. Of course, it didn't hurt that we were actually able to get out of the house without the 30" dictator.....
Today I'm wandering around the house, humming "She's the One" and "Thunder Road" and wondering how I became such a Boss fan. I suspect Pat's been sending me subliminal messages for the past 5 years. I'm also wondering when my hearing will return to normal. If my ears are still ringing 12 hours + later, I guess that means that I'm getting old.

Small aside to Darcy and TVA - you guys are just perfect the way you are. Don't ever change.

No comments: