Thursday, February 21, 2008

If sorry seems to be the hardest word, then goodbye is second

The countdown has begun. Tomorrow will be the last time I board the Greyhound for the trek into the big city. There are so many things I will miss about leaving this job: the people, the neighbourhood, the joy of human interaction every day, the lively debates about reality television and the food (actually, the food is a very close second to the people for things I'll miss)

It's only been 4 months since I returned to the daily grind of office work and while I enjoy the interaction and the new challenges offered, the commute to and from the office is putting a rather serious dent into my "new" life.

I've made such good friends here and it was with a very heavy heart that I came to the conclusion that leaving was really the right thing to do. While the rest of my life will likely align itself in a more orderly fashion, I will truly miss the jokes and laughter over the wall of my cube, the morning bagels, the good news sharing about mutual friends/former colleagues.

No one ever said change was easy, but sometimes it's necessary. To my dear friends, I say not goodbye but, until next time. It has been an honour and a pleasure to have shared the past 3 years with you all.

No comments: