Monday, February 11, 2008

Who really needs sleep when there's cable?

As some of you may be aware, we have a little person in our house now. No, we didn't take in a midget roommate. Instead, we opted for the "create your own carbon copy" version. Our daughter is a whopping 15 months old already and has been an incredible adventure to date.

As with all adventures, there are good and bad bits. There are the times when you're so glad you have a camera handy to record the stuff you'll probably never see again and there are times when you wish that you could just hit the reset button and try again. Since we've started day care, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Apparently it's pretty normal for a child to become rather ill, many, MANY times once they have been exposed to other children in a day care setting. I can handle this. I was expecting colds, flus and possibly the odd bout of pink eye. What I wasn't expecting was pneumonia in the first 3 weeks and 4 ear infections in the first 3 months. Currently, we've got so many doctors for JP that her day calander is beginning to look like that of a local hospital! She's been on antibiotics almost constantly since she started. Dear Lord, does this ever stop? Was I supposed to become a stay at home mom? Is this a not so subtle hint that I'm on the wrong path?

The one thing helping to keep me sane through all of this is television. I always feel better after watching late night infomercials or re-runs of talk shows that involve circus contortionists and their love affairs with ponies. Compared to all of that, my problems are small and I'm practically verging on normal!

No comments: